Galano Club Reopening November 2nd, 2020 for Phase 1
Hello Galano family! We hope you are safe, healthy and sane!
Today, we write you with good news! Based on the metrics we adopted in May, the Board has voted to start PHASE 1 OPENING on Monday, November 2 for the previously announced Phase 1 groups who agreed to adopt Phase 1 protocols (BBC, Icebreakers, Midtown SCA & Positively No Speeding).
Phase 1 Meeting Schedule
|In-Person Meeting Schedule||Effective 11/2/2020|
|ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS|
|Bell, Book & Candle (BBC)||12:00 PM||12:00 PM||12:00 PM||12:00 PM||12:00 PM||12:00 PM||10:00 AM|
|OTHER 12 STEP MEETINGS|
|Ice Breakers (CMA)||7:00 PM||6:30 PM|
|Positively No Speeding (CMA)||7:00 PM|
|Midtown SCA||7:00 PM|
|All Rooms are Rented to Individual Groups by Authority of The Board of The Galano Club, Inc. *Room 5 is upstairs and not wheelchair accessible.|
Our mission to provide a safe and welcoming place for 12-Step-based recovery groups continues to be challenging, but we have made progress. We hope the changes outlined in this letter will provide as safe an environment for 12-Step-based recovery groups as the Board can provide with the cooperation of Supporting Members and Meeting-goers. We intend to see how Phase 1 Opening goes through the end of the year. In early 2021, other groups that wish to return to physical meetings should come to the Galano monthly board meeting with their day & time requests.
As you consider your personal choice to return to physical, face-to-face meetings, please be aware of the following safety changes and requirements for Phase 1 Opening:
New individual requirements:
- Face masks covering nose & mouth are required by all while in the building (Galano will provide Phase 1 groups with an initial mask supply as a “Welcome back” gift, but subsequent re-supply will be the responsibility of each group)
- Social distancing is required. Chairs in Room 1 are currently in taped boxes 6 feet apart.
- Chair cleaning stations with paper towels & hospital grade cleaner have been added to Room 1 for meeting-goers to sanitize their chairs
Additional House Rules
- Room capacity is 29 in Room 1 with current 6’ social distancing requirement
- Fellowship time before and after meetings has been reduced to 15 minutes
- Increase to 30 minutes between meetings
- No meetings in the parking lot
- No sponsor/sponsee meetings in the building for Phase 1
- Smoking Area closed
- No Coffee stations, but please bring your own!
- No food should be brought into the clubhouse
Galano building and parking lot changes
- Cleaning crew increased from 3 to 5 days per week
- Soap and hand sanitizer dispensers changed to contactless
- In Phase 1, only Room 1 will be available. Rooms 2,3,4 & 5 will be locked
- Signage everywhere
- All indoor & outdoor furniture has been removed
- Vending is disabled
- Additional cleaning supplies procured including soap, paper towels & toilet paper.
- Revised hours of operation for club and parking lot
|Day||Afternoon Hours||Evening Hours|
|Monday||11:45AM – 1:15PM||6:45PM-8:15PM|
|Tuesday||11:45AM – 1:15PM|
|Wednesday||11:45AM – 1:15PM||6:45PM-8:15PM|
|Thursday||11:45AM – 1:15PM||6:45PM-8:15PM|
|Friday||11:45AM – 1:15PM|
|Saturday||11:45AM – 1:15PM||6:15PM-7:45PM|
|Sunday||9:45AM – 11:15PM|
As this situation is continuously changing, please add your name to our mailing list at Galano.org to get updates. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding!The protocols we have put in place are designed to make physical meetings as safe as we can in the matters we control. The success of re-opening will depend on each you being willing to follow these protocols and urge each other to follow them as well.
The Galano Board of Directors
Become a Galano Supporting member*
with automatic yearly renewal
with automatic yearly renewal
*Memberships are reoccurring until cancelled by the member.
Why become a Galano Supporting Member?
Play a vital part in continuing to keep the recovery doors open to more than 55 meetings per week!
Members who are in good standing shall be eligible to vote in the conduct of the club’s affairs, get clubhouse WiFi access, a key card for building access and free admission to all Galano social events.
By joining, you give to others what has been so freely given to you. Without members, our organization could not support this clubhouse, which is one of the very few clubhouses in the U.S. designed primarily to serve the LGBTQ community. Join Today!