Phase 1 Reopening Plan
Hello Galano family!
We hope you are safe, healthy, and sane!
Our mission to provide a safe and welcoming place for 12-Step-based recovery groups has never been more challenging, but we are making progress. Since we wrote to you last, our phased reopening plan was finalized and given to each group. While an exact reopening date cannot be estimated, as it depends on how coronavirus is spreading in our community, we are preparing for that day.
This week we heard back from supporting groups about their group decision to return to the club in Phase 1; 4 of 17 groups requesting 11 meeting time slots will help create a new physical meeting schedule. When it is safe to re-open, we will publish this schedule on our website independently of the virtual meeting schedule. You can also expect that when we have set a date for re-opening, we will publicize this date on all our available platforms. You will likely have two weeks’ notice since that is the minimum time our cleaning vendor needs to get us back on his schedule.
As you consider your personal choice to return to physical, face-to-face meetings, please be aware of the following safety changes and requirements:
New individual requirements:
- Face masks covering nose & mouth are required by all while in the building
- Social distancing is required. Chairs in Room 1 are currently in taped boxes 6 feet apart
- Chair cleaning stations with paper towels & hospital-grade cleaner will be available for meeting-goers to sanitize their chairs
Additional House Rules
- Room capacity is 29 in Room 1 with current 6’ social distancing requirement
- Fellowship time before and after meetings has been reduced to 15 minutes
- Increase to 30 minutes between meetings
- No meetings in the parking lot
- No sponsor/sponsee meetings in the building for Phase 1
- Smoking Area closed
Galano building and parking lot changes
- Cleaning crew increased from 3 to 5 days per week
- In Phase 1, only Room 1 will be available. Rooms 2,3,4 & 5 will be locked
- Signage everywhere
- All indoor & outdoor furniture has been removed
- Vending is disabled
- Additional cleaning supplies procured including soap, paper towels & toilet paper. Hand sanitizer continues to be in limited supply, so please wash your hands!
- Revised hours of operation
The protocols we have put in place are designed to make physical meetings as safe as we can in the matters we control. A lot of the success in re-opening will depend on each you being willing to follow these protocols and urge each other to follow them as well. We continue to monitor the COVID-19 case trends in Georgia, as well as the core counties of Fulton and DeKalb and look forward to the day we can approve re-opening into Phase 1. As this situation is continuously changing, please add your name to our mailing list at Galano.org to get updates. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding!
The Galano Board of Directors
Become a Galano Supporting member*
with automatic yearly renewal
with automatic yearly renewal
*Memberships are reoccurring until cancelled by the member.
Support Galano on Amazon
Why become a Galano Supporting Member?
Play a vital part in continuing to keep the recovery doors open to more than 55 meetings per week!
Members who are in good standing shall be eligible to vote in the conduct of the club’s affairs, get clubhouse WiFi access, a key card for building access and free admission to all Galano social events.
By joining, you give to others what has been so freely given to you. Without members, our organization could not support this clubhouse, which is one of the very few clubhouses in the U.S. designed primarily to serve the LGBTQ community. Join Today!